Re: Windows start partially off-screen?

On Sat, Aug 26, 2006 at 08:38:51AM -0400, Carl Fink wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 25, 2006 at 11:30:59PM -0500, Mumia W. wrote:
> > On 08/25/2006 09:35 PM, Carl Fink wrote:
> > >Just a quick check: do other Debian users see GTK applications starting
> > >with the bottom half or more off the bottom of the screen?  If it's
> > >pervasive and not just an artifact of my Etch/icewm setup, I'll file a
> > >wishlist bug and hope it filters up to the primary developers.
> >
> > I had this happen with a few applications under Sarge/icewm. I
> > corrected it by creating window options for those applications
> > in ~/.icewm/winoptions
>
> The thing is, it's most annoying not with the main window of applications,
> but various dialog boxes they open.

I used to see this problem with sid/icewm and gnucash (among others,
but it was the biggest offender). Dialogs splattered all over the
place. very annoying. gnucash crew claimed it was a problem with wm or
gtk. All I'm really saying is you're not alone, and it appears, from
other replies, to be possibly related to icewm. I personally solved by
a long oddessy of wm migration ending at xfce :)