Re: fstab entries for two different pendrives?

On Sat, Aug 26, 2006 at 02:28:56PM +0200, Florian Kulzer wrote:
> Devices will be mounted at the correct mount point
> automatically.

Don't they get mounted at some random point in /media?

(/me stabs repeatedly whatever fool decided the world needed two places to
mount things...)

> Even better, if you use the "pmount-hal" command then the
> devices will be mounted by their volume label so that you can address
> each medium unambiguously and independent of the order in which you
> attached them.

Pre-supposing that the device *has* a volume label, and that you *know*
what it is, so that you can find it in /media.

> This is also fully integrated in e.g. KDE and Gnome.

Fortunately, everyone does not use KDE or Gnome.

--
 Marc Wilson |     If we could sell our experiences for what they
 msw@cox.net |     cost us, we would all be millionaires.  -- Abigail