Problems with aptitude, replacing tetex with texlive

I sent this earlier, but I haven't seen it on the list.

I added output from aptitude in the bottom of this message.

Hi

I wanted to replace my tetex-installation with texlive. But something
went wrong. Now the dvipdfmx is installed, but I need to get rid of it
before I can install anything else, but aptitude complains, that
mktexlsr is not installed, and therefore exits the uninstall of
dvipdfmx.

I've tried several times, and now the process even kills aptitude.

Perhaps there is some lock-file preventing a smooth process.

Is there a way to force a package-removal? (I have tried to purge the
package)?

Thanks for any advices.

/severino

Aptitude output:
(Reading database ... 195256 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing dvipdfmx ...
/var/lib/dpkg/info/dvipdfmx.postrm: line 6: /usr/bin/mktexlsr: No such
file or directory
dpkg: error processing dvipdfmx (--remove):
 subprocess post-removal script returned error exit status 127
 dpkg: error processing preview-latex-style (--remove):
  Package is in a very bad inconsistent state - you should
   reinstall it before attempting a removal.
   terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::logic_error'
     what():  basic_string::_S_construct NULL not valid
     Ouch!  Got SIGABRT, dying..
     Aborted