Re: Email programs that work.

Martin Möller wrote:
> One could ask of course, if the whole mta,mda,mua concept is too complex
> and time-consuming for a single user wanting to read his mail. One could
> also ask if the whole debian concept is too complex for a single user
> who just wants to write a letter and print it out. Windows seems to be
> much easier sometimes, too. ;-)

    Wanna know the sad part.  Give most people the piece-together-email system
that some die-hards around here insist is the
ONE-AND-TRUE-WAY-EMAIL-*MUST-BE-USED(C) and X, OOo, KDE/Gnome and Cups, both
fresh off the install, I'd bet cold hard cash the vast majority would be able
to get X/DE/OOo/Cups running to the point where they could write a letter and
print it out long before they could get an MTA/MDA/MUA configured for a single
account.  To configure the latter for the massive contortions required to do
trivial things a proper client does would probably cause most to run screaming
back to Windows.  So if anything your question underscores that there's a
problem with that design.