Re: NetHack meets the 21st century

Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> writes:
> I tried nethack-gnome but did not like it.  Too GUI-fied.  The Win32
> version is also like that.

Yeah same here.

I think a "graphical" version of nethack _could_ be very cool, but it
would have to be carefully and tastefully designed.  The current
graphical ports feel like they were done in five minutes while the
author was learning toolkit xyz, and they're just not very playable
(nor attractive).

The tty interface on the other hand, has been honed and obsessed over
for _decades_ (in one form or another)...

-Miles
--
`...the Soviet Union was sliding in to an economic collapse so comprehensive
 that in the end its factories produced not goods but bads: finished products