Re: Thread-aware MUAs

On Saturday 26 August 2006 00:29, Aaron Hall wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Aug 2006, Paul Johnson wrote:

> > > after 4.5 it is :-)
> >
> > Well, it's still nonfree and thus insignificant.  :o)
>
> That's about to change. Pine is going to morph into "Alpine", and Alpine
> will be released under the Apache 2.0 license. Praise be. <g>
>
> <http://www.washington.edu/alpine/>

I still think it's ridiculous that the University of Washington decided to
take it's ball and run home back when Pine 3 was under a considerably more
user-friendly license.  Seems like it would be easier to just go back to
having that better license than saying "NO!! You can't do that!!  No, no, no,
no!" with Pine.

--
Paul Johnson