Re: Hey, Steve! (WAS: Re: Pumping Gas in Oregon)

On Thursday 24 August 2006 10:36, Nate Bargmann wrote:

> A great number of the UN member states have an equally negative
> view of such concepts as our Bill of Rights, government of the people,
> by the people, for the people, and that all men are endowed by their
> Creator with certain unalienable rights.

And what is the member status of those states again?  Do they matter?  Does
anybody on the UN give them more than token attention?  NO!  Why?  Because
the UN realizes they're as nutty as they really are, too!  However, the UN
does allow everybody to have their say.  It doesn't mean the UN is going to
listen to them.

That being said, since it's creation, the UN has sided with the US more often
than not.  And why shouldn't they?  They're headquartered in New York City,
for crying out loud, and founded largely with our historic ideals.  You're
going to have to convince me the UN has lost it's way, since it seems more
like they're reminding us of who we are and what we expect from the rest of
the world.

--
Paul Johnson