Re: Pumping Gas in Oregon (WAS: Re: Osama Bin Laden Take Over List!)

Paul Johnson wrote:

>On Wednesday 23 August 2006 03:22, Matt Johnson wrote:

Target marketing.

You're in the States, and therefore classified as American market source.
I'm in Australia, and it's all China and Korea here.
Very little from South America or EU.

ISP spammers are usually hired by corporates who specify the target market.
Third world ISPs take the contracts to bring in the dough that the local
market can't supply, and then employ clients, whom they then protect.

Corporates employ off-shore spammers because they have the cheap labour
resources ( a lot of the ISPs clients get free online in return for
spamming), act as an identity buffer for public image factors, and being
off-shore, the ISP, and therefore corporate identity, enjoys a level of
insulation from prosecution.

Last fiscal year, the American pharmaceutical sector invested $4 billion
in direct advertising.
Not all of that went to spammers, but if it did, it would have
translated into an effective $20 billion in advertising value.
Regards,