Install Etch from Sarge with debootstrap question

I am currently running Sarge and want to install Etch, using debootstrap, so I can play around with it while I still have Sarge to fall back on. I have set up and mounted my filesystem under /mnt/debinst, but when I run the following command:

root@xander:/mnt/debinst# /usr/sbin/debootstrap etch /mnt/debinst \ http://debian.oregonstate.edu/debian

I get the following error:

E: No such script: /usr/lib/debootstrap/scripts/etch

OK. That script does not exist. Is there some way to create it? Do I have to install Sarge and then do a dist-upgrade? I want to go straight to Etch so that I will have a clean system without any leftovers from Sarge, or earlier. My current system has been built through a running upgrade since Bo (IIRC).

--
Marc Shapiro

No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.
What?! Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here.
Boom. Sooner or later ... boom!

- Susan Ivanova: B5 - Grail