Re: Rebuilding Corrupt Debian

On 8/24/06, Steve Lamb <grey@dmiyu.org> wrote:
Aaron Goodman wrote:
> Is there a way to check which files got corrupted and replace those
> files? Or if not can I simply run a command to reinstall all of my
> installed packages?

    I'd say just reinstall in place.  Copy /etc to a different location so you
don't lose your configuration.  I'm not sure if there is a way to do a check
to see what is corrupted and only install those files.  I suspect the time
spend doing that or investigating how to do it would far exceed a simple
reinstall.

--
         Steve C. Lamb         | But who decides what they dream?
       PGP Key: 8B6E99C5       |   And dream I do...

Any way to do this quickly and just reinstall the same packages I had before? I have var, usr, home all on seperate partitions.