Re: PostgreSQL 8 debs on Debian 3.1r2

On Thu, Aug 24, 2006 at 05:25:57PM +0200, Alexander Farber wrote:
> Hello,
>
> where could I get good and trustworth postgresql 8 debs
> which would be updated in case of security issues?
>
> On www.postgresql.org there are only rpms...
>
> I'm using at the moment 7.x debs, but I need 8.x
> for a libpq-program I'm developing...
>
> $ cat /etc/debian_version
> 3.1
>
> $ dpkg -l | grep postgres
> ii  postgresql     7.4.7-6sarge2  object-relational SQL database management
> sy
> ii  postgresql-cli 7.4.7-6sarge2  front-end programs for PostgreSQL
> ii  postgresql-con 7.4.7-6sarge2  additional facilities for PostgreSQL
> ii  postgresql-dev 7.4.7-6sarge2  development files for libpq (PostgreSQL
> libr
> ii  postgresql-doc 7.4.7-6sarge2  documentation for the PostgreSQL database
> ma

Postgres packages for version 8.1 are available at www.backports.org.
However, they are *not* officially supported, nor do they receive
official support from the security team.  Now, the people who produce
those packages are the same as those who maintain the official Debian
packages, so they work well and should cause little or no problem when
Etch goes stable.  But, you should still be aware.

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez