Re: Pumping Gas in Oregon

Angelina Carlton wrote:
> Again, Marcelo, please do not feel the need to apologize, you are only
> echoing the same thing many of us feel: we want to to keep this list
> focused one Debian, simple as that.

    Then here's a pop quiz.  Why is it in the years that this list has existed
there pretty much hasn't been a consistent pattern where a moderator of the
list has commented on the off-topic threads?  Sure, every once in a blue moon
a moderator, with moderator hat off, will comment on it.  Of course those
instances are also matched by moderators, with moderator hat off, instructing
people on how to filter or simply delete messages unread.

    But by and large the threads come, the threads go, the mods are hands off.
 Oddly enough in the past, ohhh, decade or so of people claiming any
particular thread would be the demise of the list you know what has happened?
 The list has grown.  People continue to get help.  And the signal-to-noise
ratio has never gotten out of whack.