Re: Pumping Gas in Oregon (WAS: Re: Osama Bin Laden Take Over List!)

* Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> [2006 Aug 21 22:30 -0500]:

> In the US, farmers are exempt from paying sales tax on gasoline.
>
> So, if you qualify as a "farmer", you can have a fuel (gas or
> diesel) tank on your property.  Distributors, though, dye the fuel,
> to mark it as "farm fuel".

Only in non-highway vehicles.  We still must pay the tax by buying road
fuel for any of our registered vehicles.  BTW, locally, only diesel
fuel is available as a dyed non-highway use fuel, although a refund can
be applied for on gasoline.  It also has a higher sulfur content.  Also,
most stations locally have both highway and non-highway fuel available
at some pumps.  This way we can fill a back of the pickup tank to take
to the field--especially handy for keeping a thirsty combine happy
during harvest.

- Nate >>

  Amateur radio exams; ham radio; Linux info @  | free since January 1998.
             http://www.qsl.net/n0nb/           |  "Debian, the choice of