Re: gnokii and Nokia 5140i and sarge

debian <debian@benburb.demon.co.uk> writes:

> Please,
>
> has anyone managed to connect their Nokia 5140i phone to a sarge
> system via a usb cable ?
>
> I am getting "model specified isn't known/supported" when I run
> xgnokii, after editing /etc/gnokiirc.
>
> Perhaps it is better to go plain serial connections or perhaps there
> is something better out there than gnokii ?

Hi,

I've been trying hard to connect my Nokia 6630 to Sarge with Gnokii,
but unsuccessfully up to now: see thread

 http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.gnokii/7680/focus=7680

at the gnokii-users mailing list.
I didn't imagine it was such a difficult matter.
Maybe you can join the same thread, or create a new one at the gnokii ML,
and so join our efforts to a commune purpose.

Bye,
Rodolfo