Re: how to prevent the creation of hardware icons on desktop on boot

Jabka Atu wrote:
Mathias Brodala wrote:
Hello Jerome.

each time i boot my user some icons are created on my desktop :
icons for mounting harddisks.

i tried  deleting the files but each boot they are recreated.
You can change the settings in the KDE control center. Go to

[…]
Is there something similar for Gnome ?

There is. Open „gconf-editor“ and modify the checkboxes under the following path:

  /apps/nautilus/desktop

There should be some *_icon_visible boxes. Uncheck them and maybe after a logout but at
least after a reboot they’re gone.

Regards, Mathias

i tried removing using kde but i didn't helped ..  :'-(
the strange  issue that  it  happen  only to one user.

The quick way is renaming the kde directory setting under user's home
directory then login with that user account