Re: how to prevent the creation of hardware icons on desktop on boot

Hello Jerome.

>>> each time i boot my user some icons are created on my desktop :
>>> icons for mounting harddisks.
>>>
>>> i tried  deleting the files but each boot they are recreated.
>>
>> You can change the settings in the KDE control center. Go to
>>
>> […]
>
> Is there something similar for Gnome ?

There is. Open „gconf-editor“ and modify the checkboxes under the following path:

  /apps/nautilus/desktop

There should be some *_icon_visible boxes. Uncheck them and maybe after a logout but at
least after a reboot they’re gone.

Regards, Mathias