Re: Pumping Gas in Oregon (WAS: Re: Osama Bin Laden Take Over List!)

* Gnu-Raiz <Gnu-Raiz@midsouth.rr.com> [2006 Aug 21 21:50 -0500]:

> I also wonder about the poor farmers, who fills there tanks? If an
> exception exists for farmers, what qualifies as a farm? If I have
> say 2 acre's of land and want my own fuel tank can I qualify?
>
> Am I also allowed to have say ten ten gallon gas cans for the old
> generator. Or can I store a 55 gallon barrel of 10w40 in my garage.

NUTS!  You went where I was wanting to go!

I was thinking along the lines of what if I had the station jerk fill
my jerry cans and then I go across the street and pour it into my pickup
myself?  Do they have a law against *that*?

What about a stranded motorist?  Does a station jerk have to tag along
to put fuel in the tank properly?  Are they trained on how to fill and then
empty a jerry can?  Who puts in fuel additives (injector/carburetor
cleaner, etc.)?

What about construction equipment?  Lawn mowers? (Do you have to haul
your mower to the station?)  Other outdoor power equipment?  What about
off road vehicles that need a fillup just this side of the middle of
nowhere?  Do they have to be loaded on a trailer and hauled to the
nearest attended gas station?  What happens if they find a gas can in
your garage?  Oh dear!

Half the state's population must be fuel pumpers!

- Nate >>

  Amateur radio exams; ham radio; Linux info @  | free since January 1998.
             http://www.qsl.net/n0nb/           |  "Debian, the choice of
             My Kawasaki KZ-650 SR @            |     a GNU generation!"