Re: ignore chkrootkit false positive

David Siroky <ml@dasir.net>:

>  My chkrootkit is reporting "INFECTED PORT 465" where is my regular ssmtp
>  Postfix daemon. I found a lots of discussions about this problem but
>  everywhere was the last answer "That's OK, you can ignore it". I want
>  the chkrootkit ignore it. Is there any configuration option for this?

See the chkrootkit mailing list archive[i].  This is pretty much a
FAQ.  It boils down to the question of whether it's safe or not to
wrap chkrootkit in a script that checks chkrootkit's output against
your predefined list of false positives.

Mail me off-list and I'll send you my version of the script.  It's
based heavily on another chkrootkit user's script.

[i] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=chkrootkit-users&r=1&w=2

(*)    http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling           Linux Counter #80292
- -    http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1855.html
       Spammers! http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling/emails.html