Re: Orinoco Silver wireless works w/2.6.15 but not 2.6.17

Dave Patterson wrote:
* Paul Scott <paslist@ultrasw.com> [2006-07-12 16:01:39 -0700]:

Any ideas why I can't get an Orinoco Silver card:

Lucent Technologies  WaveLAN/IEEE Version 01.01
manfid 0x0156, 0x0002

works with a stock 2.6.15 kernel but not with a 2.6.17?

Something to do with device names and udev?

Using madwifi, I had to reboot to register all modules.

I'm using the Orinoco Gold and after reboots it still isn't working.
syslog says the same information it said with the 2.6.16 kernel -- assumption is the load is working ok.
But it's just not capturing anything on the DHCPOFFER.