Re: X.org killed my ATI TV

Kent West wrote:

> I kept hoping that a new upgrade of the box would bring in the necessary
> stuff to get it working again, as the GATOS site indicated (as well as I
> could make out - the site's not organized in a way that I can make much
> sense of it) that all the ati.2 driver stuff had been moved into the
> X.org project.

>From gatos.sf.net

   News
   Radeon TV-input code has been merged into X.Org CVS, to appear in release
   7.0.

A r128 is not a radeon card, isn't it?

> westk@enjae:/var/log$ cat Xorg.0.log | grep 128

This log is not very helpfull, since you cut out all interesting lines ;)

I don't have an ATI card with tv-in, but should look for lines like this

(II) RADEON(0): No video input capabilities detected and no information is
provided - disabling multimedia i2c
(II) Loading sub module "theatre_detect"
(II) LoadModule: "theatre_detect"
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/multimedia/theatre_detect_drv.so
(II) Module theatre_detect: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
        ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 0.8
(II) RADEON(0): no multimedia table present, disabling Rage Theatre.

Cheers,
Bernd