Re: wxWidgets versus gtkmm

On Fri, Aug 18, 2006 at 01:59:48PM +0300, gustavo halperin wrote:
> Hello
>
> I want write a cross platform user interface. I'm think about
> "wxWidgets" and "gtkmm". What do you think about these libraries? What
> do you recommend to use, maybe a another library ??

If you want the "best" cross platform library, then I would argue that
it is wxWidgets.  It has bindings for C++, Python, Java, Ruby and
probably other languages as well.  It has the advantage of supporting
something like a dozen different GUI toolkits and you get the native
widgets of the target system.  It is also extremely well documented (at
least the C++ interface is).

Regards,

-Roberto

--