Re: Help obtaining kernel module for video driver [savage.ko]

Florian Kulzer wrote:

> 3) "make-kpkg --initrd --append-to-version=-custom1 --revision=00
>    kernel_image" will compile the kernel and build a .deb package in
>    /usr/src. You can of course choose your own name for "-custom1"and if
>    you compile more than once (with different configurations) you can
>    increment the --revision number.

[OT]

If I want to recompile the same source in future (for example
because I forgot to include a module) is there a way of avoiding
a "make-kpkg clean" and have a different revision / append to
version string?

If so, would the compile take less time?

Best regards,

--
George Borisov

DXSolutions Ltd