Matrox M3D / PowerVR Series 1 - X Acceleration?

Hi,

I've recently installed Debian onto my Cobalt Qube 2. I also installed KDE
(and VNC) on to it, to see how well KDE would work.

As it turns out, it's not too bad at all.

The other day I was going through my drawers and amongst the junk, I found a
Matrox M3D card.

It's a PowerVR Series 1 based board, and was used under Windows as a
complimentary 3D accelerator, and has no outputs of its own.

As my Qube has a spare PCI slot, I was wondering if it was possible to use
the card to accelerate X / KDE and take some load off the CPU / free up some
system RAM.

Doing an 'lspci' gives the following information for the card...
'0000:00:0a.0 Multimedia controller: NEC Corporation PowerVR PCX2 [midas]
(rev 01)'

Is it possible to accelerate X with this, even slightly?

I did a search of the mailing lists, but nothing turned up for any of my
searches :(

It would be cool if anyone can provide any advice or assistance (even if
it's to put the card back in my drawer ;)

Thanks,

Owen Watson