Re: wireless - where to start?

Considering all I've read about setting up wireless on GNU/Linux, I was
expecting some pain. This was super easy! At least, it was after being
pointed in the right direction by you folks.

I started with Matej's advice: lspci, which required installing the
pciutils package. This revealed that I was using and Atheros card, and
google revealed that MadWifi was the appropriate driver. So I went to
the MadWifi website and found out that everything I needed was available
in debian nonfree. I followed the directions on the MadWifi page,
installed everything I need with aptitude (including module assistant
and all the suggests from madwifi-sources and madwifi-tools),  worked
through the newbie help, and here I am not an hour later with a working
wireless setup, WEP encrypted no less!

Thanks for your help!

On a less optimistic note, I see that I have now officially tainted my
kernel with heathen code. Could I get this setup running without
compromising my virtue (such as it was)?

Cheers,

Tyler