wireless - where to start?

Hi,

I'm a little confused by the available how-to's etc. regarding getting
wireless working on my laptop. There is a fair bit of material
available, but much of it is old and/or contradictory. If someone could
help point me towards a good reliable source to get going that would be
great.

I'm using:
Debian Etch, freshly installed and upgraded
Linksys model no. WPC55AG notebook adapter card
Toshiba Satellite 2410 laptop (I have to wait for my thinkpad...)

Thanks!

Tyler