Odp: Re: Memory card reader on Etch

try to seek in /media/...

I had the same problem with an external reader ("Trust" shipped with Windows driver only).

After some frustrating searches in "/dev/sdx", "modconf" and web howtos I found it "just working" as /media/DC_CANNON. This directory appears automatically when I insert the stick into reader.

regards
Zbigniew

bmarcum@iglou.com (Bill Marcum)

2006-08-16 23:05

Do
DW
Temat

On Wed, Aug 16, 2006 at 04:05:50PM +0200, Mirto Silvio Busico wrote:
> 02:04.0 CardBus bridge: ENE Technology Inc CB-710/2/4 Cardbus Controller
> 02:04.1 FLASH memory: ENE Technology Inc ENE PCI Memory Stick Card
> Reader Controller
> 02:04.2 Class 0805: ENE Technology Inc ENE PCI Secure Digital Card
> Reader Controller
> 02:04.3 FLASH memory: ENE Technology Inc FLASH memory: ENE Technology Inc:
> msb01:~#
>
> The last four lines seems to indicate that the card reader is working.
>
> Mybe I'm doing something wrong.

Do you see anything in /var/log/messages when you insert a card?

--
A free society is one where it is safe to be unpopular.

-- Adlai Stevenson