Re: changing only the case of file extentions in digikam

Am 2006-06-26 13:02:08, schrieb H.S.:

> I have discovered digikam recently for managing my digital pictures.
> Earlier I used to use command line to do all of the processing
> (imagemagick, jhead, bash scripts, etc.).
>
> There is one little problem with digikam (looking from a GUI user's
> point of view). It has the feature of changing the case of filenames of
> images. I was wondering if the maintainer could put in an option which
> only converts the case of the extension of the filename and leave the
> basename case alone. This is so because many cameras save the extension
> in upper case whereas most of the files seem to have lowercase
> extensions. The basename, however, could be of mixed case.
>
> Even if this option in added in the plugin that come with digikams, it
> would be great.
>
> And yes, I can easiy get it done with a bash oneliner, but as I said,
> from a GUI user's perspective this option would polish the digikam
> further. Very nice application thought. Quite impressed with it.

Do you download the pics every time in the same directory?

Then you can add a menuitem or an icon with the following command:

    rename y/JPG/jpg/ $HOME/path/to/your/upload/directory/*.JPG

Greetings
    Michelle Konzack
    Systemadministrator
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi
0033/6/61925193    67100 Strasbourg/France   IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)