Re: how to reconstruct a deleted /boot partition

H.S. wrote:
> This is not debian specific, but I foresee that I might need to do
> this in my Debian Etch one of these days.
>
> I use a common /boot for dual booting between Debian Etch and FC4.
> Recently I re-installed Debian Etch and overwrote everything in /boot.
> If I want to boot into FC4 now, how do I go about reconstructing the
> files in /boot for that distribution?

I guess i would boot knoppix and chroot into debian from there, then
reinstall grub with any package that have installed files into /boot
(check /var/lib/dpkg/info/*.list).

Don't know how this translates in FC4 though ...

--
Regards.

Yannick Le Saint (kyncani) <y.lesaint@gmail.com>
http://y.lesaint.free.fr/