how to reconstruct a deleted /boot partition

Hello,

This is not debian specific, but I foresee that I might need to do this
in my Debian Etch one of these days.

I use a common /boot for dual booting between Debian Etch and FC4.
Recently I re-installed Debian Etch and overwrote everything in /boot.
If I want to boot into FC4 now, how do I go about reconstructing the
files in /boot for that distribution?

This is not the same as recovering lost grub, is it? In this case, I
have lost vmlinux* files that were the FC4 kernels.

It is not utterly important to reconstruct files in /boot FC4, but I am
taking this as an exercise so that I get some experience in this
problem. This would be usefule even if I lost files for my Debian Etch I
guess.

thanks,
->HS