Re: how can i run flv videos ? (metacafe)

José Alburquerque <jaalburquerque@cox.net> writes:

> I too have mplayer installed from same mirror.  When I got the
> video_output error, I simply changed my video options to use a video
> output device that made mplayer happy.  (I did it by running mplayer off
> the menu in GNOME and using the mplayer menu to configure video
> options.  If you have no menu, you can run 'gmplayer' in an xterm to get
> the mplayer gui.)

Or you could write a config file that reads like so:

# Write your default config options here!
cache=64
really-quiet=yes
#quiet=yes
joystick=no
lirc=no
cache-min=3
vo=x11

This is all documented in the man page.  Remember man is your friend.

rdc

--
Robert D. Crawford                                      rdc1x@comcast.net

Education is learning what you didn't even know you didn't know.
		-- Daniel J. Boorstin