Re: weird ls behavior after ln/rm of dir from other user

On 12.08.06 21:43, Kenward Vaughan wrote:
> While trying to make a mounted directory containing images available to
> my wife on another computer, I created a soft link in her home dir, to
> the /usr/local/film subdirectory (which I had already mounted through a
> soft link in my own home dir).  She could not read the contents from
> her computer.

> ------------------
> 06:19:07
> daddy:~# ls -l /usr/local/film/
> total 0
> ?--------- ? ? ? ?                ? /usr/local/film/camera
> ?--------- ? ? ? ?                ? /usr/local/film/cd
> ?--------- ? ? ? ?                ? /usr/local/film/lost+found
> ?--------- ? ? ? ?                ? /usr/local/film/movies
> ?--------- ? ? ? ?                ? /usr/local/film/temp
> ?--------- ? ? ? ?                ? /usr/local/film/vaughanPix

try "ls -ld /usr/local/film", it looks like she has only "read" permission
for that directory, so she may not access files through it (it required
execute right on dir), so she may not even fount any informations about
files/directories inside.