DHCP Client in Debian sarge

Hello all,

  I am new to this Mailing-list, but not to Debian GNU/Linux.  I have been using Debian for about 4 years now.

  I am sending this regarding the dhcp client upgrade in debian sarge.  I have been having some troubles with keeping the connection with my ISP with newest dhcp-client package.

  My current set-up is, my ISP's cable modem connects to my debian sarge router/gateway.  My other systems connect from that.  My other systems run debian testing, when I connect the RJ-45 jack from my cable modem directly to my debian testing box, I have no troubles at all keeping the connection.  All goes wrong when my debian sarge box takes control of the dhcp leases from my ISP.

  I saw the recent the DSA regarding the dhcp server, but this shouldn't effect the dhcp client, correct?

  When the Internet goes down, I can ssh to my debian sarge router and 'ifdown' and 'ifup' and everything works fine for a bit.  When the connection does go, I still keep my ISPs IP address, but the IP address doesn't give me access to Internet.

  If anyone is willing to help me troubleshoot this problem, I would be ever so greatful.

Kevin.