KMyMoney not using HBCI anymore in etch?

I had a working KMyMoney setup for HBCI online banking which I cannot
use anymore with an up-to-date etch: the corresponding menu entries have
all disappeared.

It last worked successfully for me 11 Jul 2006 (according to
~/.banking/apps/kmymoney/settings.conf), I can't tell exactly when I've
done which updates since then.

The AQBanking module apparently still works as I can use it with
qbankmanager. So I guess there must be something wrong with the
integration of AQBanking into KMyMoney.

I found out that kmymoney2 and libaqbanking are supposed to interact via
kbanking; I checked the source packages configuration-wise: kmymoney2
has --enable-kbanking and libaqbanking has --with-frontends="cbanking
g2banking qbanking kbanking", so they should work together.

libkbanking1 is not in the dependencies of kmymoney2 (which seems
strange to me), but adding it manually didn't help.