Re: Space to install all packages

Xiyan Lon wrote:
Dear all,
If I install all debian packages (like kde, gnome, openoofice, koffice, etc ... all packages from debian repos), how many space I need?

You cannot install all debian packages (some are conflicting) and you don't want to install all debian packages (you won't need some 1200 programs just for e-mail).

Debian contains so many packages that you could probably spend a few months just comparing different mailing systems (exim4, courier, etc) and e-mail clients.

I plan to make partition,
20GB /
10GB /usr/local
1GB swap
rest-GB  /home
Is this enough?

This is more than enough. We have an installation of all your office, kde, gnome requirements, different sets of compilers and development tools, scientific software and what not and use some 5 GB on / . I doubt that you will fill your 10GB /usr/local with useful software, but YMMV.

HTH,
Johannes