Re: apt-get/aptitude update failing

Michael Voggenreiter <michaelvoggenreiter@gmx.de> writes:

> Bill Wohler schrieb:
>>     W: Couldn't stat source package list http://http.us.debian.org etch/main Packages (/var/lib/apt/lists/http.us.debian.org_debian_dists_etch_main_binary-i386_Packages) - stat (2 No such file or directory)

> try to put some spaces between the lines and at the end of the file.
> Then try again to update.

You mean, for example, to change:

  deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian/ etch main contrib non-free
  deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian/ sid main contrib non-free

  deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian/ etch main contrib non-free

  deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian/ sid main contrib non-free

I don't see how that would improve things, and indeed, it didn't. If
this isn't what you really meant, can you please provide an example?

By the way, if you or any other reader is running etch, can you please
run "aptitude update", remove all of the cached files in
/var/lib/apt/lists, and run "aptitude update" again? Does it work
without error for you?