Re: Patching a kernel source --verbose

On 8/10/06, Roberto C. Sanchez <roberto@familiasanchez.net> wrote:
On Thu, Aug 10, 2006 at 03:47:42PM -0400, Chuckk Hubbard wrote:

> Cool, thank you.
> BTW, I know it must seem like the most obvious thing in the world, but
> the more I google and search Debian help, the less answers I find...
> what do you do when applying two patches tells you:
> Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Assume -R? [n]
> Does that mean the patches are incompatible?  I'm actually only
> experimenting with the patches, as I can't find a whole lot of info on
> the patches either.

Basically, it means that the part of the code the patch applies to
appears to have already been patched.  This can happen if you have
overlapping patches.

That makes sense, that's kind of what I figured.  So... you just guess
which one is more appropriate?

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez
http://familiasanchez.net/~roberto

--
"Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to
work hard at work worth doing."