Re: Clamav scans or removes virus ??

On 09.08.06 11:11, Alejandro wrote:
> I have a Debian Sarge mail server with clamav antivirus, but I suspect
> it only scan for virus and don't remove them.

It should (be configured to) reject e-mails containing virus.

> Can you tell me if Clamav is just a virus scanner or if it can also
> remove virus that come through mail messages ???

I am not so sure if it can remove virus from message, but I'm sure it's
generally considered a bad idea.

Mails containing a virus usually contain no useful content (unless you hope
virus will send you random data from your competitors, useful for you) and
are usually sent from fake address to a random addresses, so any attempt to
deliver mail (or bounce) after detecting a virus in it is sick and annoying.

Micro$oft random number generator: 0, 0, 0, 4.33e+67, 0, 0, 0...