Debian packages dependencies problems

I'm using Debian Sarge 3.1 for Ultra SPARC 5.

It all started when i tried to install Bochs.
I wanted the latest version, 2.6.6-2, but the one available from the stable package repositors is 2.1.1.
When i tried to update my sources.list config file, using apt-setup (or with aptitude or apt-cache gencaches) it complains about not being able to connect to the site:

ERROR MSG FOR apt-setup:
Err http://ftp.debian.org testing/main Packages
404 Not Found

But the URL http://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/testing/ exists.

ERROR MSG FOR apt-cache gencaches:
W: Couldn't stat source package list http://ftp.debian.org testing/main Packages
(/var/lib/apt/lists/ftp.debian.org_debian_dists_testing_main_binary-sparc_Packages) - stat (2 No such file or directory)
W: Couldn't stat source package list http://ftp.debian.org testing/contrib Packages
(/var/lib/apt/lists/ftp.debian.org_debian_dists_testing_contrib_binary-sparc_Packages) - stat (2 No such file or directory)
W: Couldn't stat source package list http://ftp.debian.org testing/non-free Packages
(/var/lib/apt/lists/ftp.debian.org_debian_dists_testing_non-free_binary-sparc_Packages) - stat (2 No such file or directory)

Some lines of my sources.list:
deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ stable main   # this one works fine
deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ testing main contrib non-free   # apt-setup complains/errors about this one unless i comment it

I tried to search and download the packages from debian website and then install them manually with dpkg...
But after doing this for about 7 packages it printed another 5 or so dependencies and i gave up...
This manual work leads to nowhere.

What i would like to know is how do i solve the apt-setup problem....
What's wrong with my source.list config for the "testing" distro?
AND/OR
Is there any recursive flag for dpkg or similar tool.
Something like: <tool> <flags> bochs-2.6.6-2.deb
And it would download and solve dependencies automatically.

Thanks for any help.