amule+firefox

I'm trying for several days to make my firefox download from ed2k links. But nothing happens.
The errors is: The protocol ed2k is not associated with any program.
Searching on google, I found this link( http://www.amule.org/wiki/index.php/Ed2k_links_handling#Mozilla_1.7_(or_later)_&_Firefox_0.9_(or_later) ), where I followed all instructions, and set my path(/usr/bin/amule). But its still not working.
Now, it says that  "An external application must be launched to handle ed2k links"
And when I click to launch the application nothing happens( tryed with amule running, and off)
I was trying to search something on the amule config, but I didn't see anything that could help.
By the way, I tryied to install mozex, but it seems to be obsolete, and it only works on FF 0.7 and 0.9 So I quit the idea to use it.
Well, could someone help me out please? With this or with any other way :)
Thanx a lot!