Re: Chroot environment for 32 bit apps

Owen Heisler <owenh000@gmail.com> writes:

> 5. Run "schroot -p" as root to get into the chroot

You can also run "schroot -u root" directly as a normal user, and it
will let you log in as root inside the chroot (with a password, or you
can add the user to root-users or root-groups for passwordless root
access).

> (*) Schroot is not available in amd64 stable, dchroot then.  But dchroot
> in stable has a problem with the login package in unstable in the chroot
> (maybe the login package in etch too, not sure).  I got around that by
> installing sarge in the chroot, telling aptitude to hold the login
> package, then upgrading.

This is because dchroot runs su(1).  If you install the schroot and
dchroot from backports.org, this will be fixed.  (I'll update the
backported version as soon as the new schroot enters testing.)

Regards,
Roger

--
  .''`.  Roger Leigh
   `-    GPG Public Key: 0x25BFB848   Please sign and encrypt your mail.