Re: Chroot environment for 32 bit apps

On Tue, 08 Aug 2006 17:28:54 -0500,
Owen Heisler <owenh000@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

> I use this:
> http://alioth.debian.org/docman/view.php/30192/21/debian-amd64-howto.html#id271960

> But not all of it.

Thanks for the reference and describing how you got it working.  I did in
fact run across that site, but found it a bit contrived and hard to undo
if the need arises.  Some more digging led me to a great suggestion in:

http://www.zapoyok.info/wordpress/2006/02/18/debian-amd64-creer-un-chroot-pour-executer-mplayer-openoffice-et-flash/

In french, but easily understandable.  I think it may solve the issues you
were having with login.  The first comment at the end of it suggests using
NIS with the 64 bit system as server and the chrooted environment as
client.  The problem is: setting NIS is also quite hard for the
inexperienced.  Anyway, thanks a lot for your input, I have some more
elements now.

Cheers,

--
Seb