Re: Debian for business?

Mirko Scurk wrote:
sure if all of this can be done using Linux with same features. Users must
not see difference between such Linx server and Windows server W2K they
are already using.

If you mean that literally, then forget it. Microsoft spends the vast majority
of its development budget on maintaining incompatibility. You  will be hard
put to beat them at their own game, but good luck. You stand a much better
chance at the W2K level than with XP or later.

Here are my doubts:

2. How important is lack of linux printer drivers if nobody will ever
print from linux - only win clients?

Equally: you need a printer driver at both ends, working client-server.
Sending the bitmap equivalent of an A4 page over a network is not an
option.

3. I spotted on web that there might be some problems with ms access file
(mdb) locking on samba - how serious is it?

I would suggest if you do go ahead, you move the data to MySQL and
connect to it from Access. That deals with all Access' multi-user
issues, including the Access characteristic of copying entire tables
to the client.