Re: at command stopped working

On 08.08.06 08:44, Mike Polyakov wrote:
> I guess I missed the fact that 'at' still worked with non graphical
> applications, and the above solution for X applications now works too!
> I wonder why the DISPLAY is not set while 'at' executes, I thought it
> inherited environment of the current shell. But I guess writing
> DISPLAY=:0.0 is not too bad. Thank you for your help!

the "at command" of course inherits variables from current shell. However it
does not export all of them, so when the command is executed by "atd"
daemon, commands will not get the DISPLAY variable.

For executing X applications at given time, try different command.

kalarm - KDE alarm message and command scheduler
ktimer - KDE timer
plan - X/Motif day planner (dynamically compiled with LessTif)
wmtimer - A dockable alarm clock for WindowMaker

I intend to live forever - so far so good.