Re: at command stopped working

On Mon, Aug 07, 2006 at 02:08:18PM -0400, Mike Polyakov wrote:
> Yes, the job shows up when I run "atq". I also checked the syslog file
> and it doesn't seem to contain anything relevant to "at" command. Here
> is output from my shell:
>
> mike@myp:~
> $ date
> Mon Aug  7 13:59:11 EDT 2006
>
> mike@myp:~
> $ at 14:00
> warning: commands will be executed using /bin/sh
> at> gvim
> at> <EOT>
> job 21 at Mon Aug  7 14:00:00 2006

I guess gvim won't work, because it can't attach to your current X
session - atd doesn't know about it. The commands launched by atd don't
have the same environment as your regular shell user.

Try something like
at> date > /tmp/at_test
to see if atd is working.

Frank

--
Frank Blendinger | fb(at)intoxicatedmind.net | GPG: 0x0BF2FE7A
Fingerprint: BB64 F2B8 DFD8 BF90 0F2E 892B 72CF 7A41 0BF2 FE7A