Re: thinkpad value for money?

"Carl Fink" <carl@finknetwork.com> wrote in message [🔎] 20060808021201.GA20007@nitpicking.com">news:[🔎] 20060808021201.GA20007@nitpicking.com...
On Mon, Aug 07, 2006 at 10:23:50PM -0300, Tyler Smith wrote:

So my question is: is a 'low end' thinkpad worth the mark-up over what
Dell and Toshiba have on offer?

Consensus among people I know who have used several brands is that IBM is
the last top-tier laptop maker with reliably good customer service.

There is no IBM PC business anymore. It was purchased in full by Lenovo.

So anybody using the phrase IBM-compatible PC has a serious problem, as not only has IBM not set the Specs for many, many years, but no longer builds PC's at all!

Thinkpad has been a Lenovo product for quite a while now. (early 2005)