Re: pc and notebook networking

On Sun, Aug 06, 2006 at 11:00:02AM -0300, Marcelo Chiapparini wrote:
> Hello!
>
> At home I have a PC and a notebook. Both are connected at the same time
> to my internet provider (dynamic IP for both) trough a switch. I need to
> transfer data from the notebook to the PC. May be ssh is an option? What
> should I do in order the devices see one to the other?
>
> Thanks in advance

Hi Marcelo,
the 2 servers now have an ip. the next thing is to determine what
services you would like to install and run to allow the transfer:
ftp,http,ssh, etc. SSH is the most popular becuase it is secure and easy
to use. you just need to install the ssh client and server on each
machine.
cheers,
Kev
internet---switch------server #1(192.168.1.x)