Re: serverauth files - Never before seen..

hi,

In my /home directory these files are created:-

.serverauth.3861
.serverauth.3862
.serverauth.3863
etc., etc.,
What process creates them, and why? Though the answer might be the one, and why do they keep building up in number and never being deleted? That might also be answered by knowing what process creates them?
from my experience, these files are created by the xauth (from xorg version 7.0). if you shutdown your x-server cleanly the respective file should be deleted (it is so in my case). when you don't shutdown cleanly, they remain in your home.

regards,

--
Lubos _@_"
http://www.lubos.vrbka.net