video on amd64

Hi,

I got a new AMD64 system and installed all the packages (from testing) I
used under my previous 32 bit machine.  Some packages are not yet
available for this architecture (notably openoffice.org).  And today I was
disappointed to see that video, under any player (KDE: kaffeine, mplayer,
and GNOME: totem) is quite bad.  The quality of the video and sound is
fine, but the video is jerky (not smooth, some frames seem to be skipped).
Also, the mouse in these applications is also jerky, as if the CPU is
overloaded.  Has anybody else experienced this, any pointers for
solutions?  Thanks in advance.

--
Seb