Re: Firefox text display is misbehaving [SOLVED]
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Firefox text display is misbehaving [SOLVED]
- From: "Aenoch Lynn" <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 11:00:58 -0700
- Message-id: <[🔎] 44D38B5A.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <20060714203958.GA9493@columbus.rr.com>
- References: <20060714163612.GA13794@columbus.rr.com> <44B7F2F7.email@example.com> <20060714203958.GA9493@columbus.rr.com>
On 07/14/2006 01:39 PM John - wrote:
> On (14/07/06 12:39), Aenoch Lynn wrote:
>> To: firstname.lastname@example.org
>> From: Aenoch Lynn <email@example.com>
>> Subject: Re: Firefox text display is misbehaving
>> On 07/14/2006 09:36 AM John - wrote:
>>> Since yesterday's upgrade of firefox to 1.5.dfsg+126.96.36.199-2,
>>> something's out of whack: only the first word on each line of text is
>>> displayed. ,,,
>>> Got suggestions? If so, thanks!
>> I have this problem as well ...
> Steve Lamb solved this one, responding under the title "Re: [Etch]
> Text disappearing in Gnome." To wit:
>> Known, libcairo2. See this thread:
> Aptitude wouldn't undertake the fix without also removing a ton of
> other packages, but I had an older version in /var/cache/apt/archives,
> so I mustered up my nerve and did # dpkg -i libcairo2_1.0.4-2_i386.deb
> And now everything works again. Thanks, Steve.
Just upgraded to libcairo2_1.2.0-5 (unstable) and things are back to normal.