Re: CUPS dependencies

On Wed, Aug 02, 2006 at 05:14:17PM +0200, Jan Willem Stumpel wrote:
> Carl Fink wrote:
>
> > I thought I mentioned that in another message to this list.
> > Because lprng explicitly doesn't support USB printers. I tried
> > that.
>
> Sorry, which message (I'm not subscribed)? My printer nowadays is
> a USB one and it works fine with lprng.

I don't know how to tell you "which message", since I don't read this as a
newsgroup.

>From the LPRng Reference Manual:

         Common communication methods between a printer and a host system
         are network connections, parallel ports, or serial ports; while
         Fibre Channel, SCSI, USB, FireWire, InfraRed, and other interesting
         technologies have been used, they are either very specialized or
         not directly support by the LPRng software.

Silly me, believing the docs!  So, can you give me tips on setting up LPRng
with hplip for a Laserjet 1012.  Clearly the documentation can't.
--
Carl Fink                                   nitpicking@nitpicking.com

Read my blog at nitpickingblog.blogspot.com.  Reviews!  Observations!
Stupid mistakes you can correct!